Monday, August 5

"all I want"





More blueberries, more magical sparkly light under the grape arbor. Scoring the awesome sour cherry candy I used to buy for a penny a piece at the store in front of my high school and sneakily eat out of my pocket all afternoon. Going out for coffee by myself, having a hard time choosing between sun and shade on the patio at Starbucks. Choosing sheltered shade, keeping my yellow scarf on, iced decaf caramel macchiato which is my jam. That's all I want out of life these days: coffee, my notebook and pen, and an hour. Toddler's hard crash after yesterday's crazy, hot tears and clingy arms. How I love the deep long hugs, even though they come at the price of him being totally beside himself. Counting the hours until my love, their dada, join us here. A little over fifty. I can make it. I can make it.


Linking up with Christina Rosalie's Just One Paragraph.


1 comment:

  1. I remember the toddler meltdowns especially with my son (who is now an adult). I love coffee, notebooks and pens all together with alone time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat! I read and appreciate every comment.