Tuesday, October 4

october daybook

::playing along! found via the lovely amanda--the simple woman's daybook::






Outside my window... The slanting light of fall; constellations of rain lilies.

I am thinking... About winter knits for my little one: a vest, some mittens, some booties.

I am thankful... For grown-up evenings now that our son predictably goes to bed at 7pm: time to knit, read & snuggle.     


In the kitchen... Pumpkin spice everything. Big batch of granola. Egg-in-a-basket with sliced avocado.

I am wearing... Black nursing tank top and slate cargo pants. But I am thinking of wearing scarves.

I am creating... Physically, in and around my home; in my days; in my mind: space to breathe and let be.

I am going...  To miss my husband as he leaves us for three days.

I am wondering... About the new iPhone release that's happening today!

I am reading... Eleven hundred books, as always, but mostly: A Visit From the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan; and Buddhism for Mothers, by Sarah Napthali.

I am hoping... To be able to make more time for yoga practice in the afternoons.

I am looking forward to... My family getting here this weekend.

I am hearing... Melodious discourse of mockingbirds.

Around the house... Windows and screen doors wide open, all day and all night; sweet quiet of no A/C.

I am pondering... How and when to make it back to the gym, how to fit more small workouts into my days.

One of my favorite things... Holding my sleeping son against my chest after night feedings, feeling his sweet weight and breath on my neck.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Cleaning the house for guests, making green curry broth with rice noodles and greens, watching movies and knitting, finally getting a cupcake with Kathryn and Jonah after daycare.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...






1 comment:

  1. I love the brief season between running the a/c and running the heat, when it's quiet ... and I realize how very noisy birds and trees and leaves really are! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat! I read and appreciate every comment.